Control Emulator for G-code Machine Simulation
Simulate Machine Code Data with ICAM’s Control Emulator™
Control Emulator™ (CE) is a software allowing users to emulate and test NC programs using G-code inside Virtual Machine or CATIA. CE provides users with a final G-code verification test, including manual inserts inside the NC code, before the code is uploaded to the controller; thereby, certifying accurate and safe NC programs.
As compared to traditional APT-based simulation systems, which simulate the programmer’s planned tool-path, CE allows for a more meaningful simulation that represents how the machine tool will react to the G-code output that was generated from the post-processor.
CE provides a powerful validation method allowing users to determine the association between G-code and specific operations inside the NC program and allows for specific modifications to the CAD/CAM NC program depending on the simulation results.
CE reads G-code to emulate the actions of CNC machines and controllers and provides users with the following advanced functions:
- Validates the accuracy of the G-code
- Verifies the actual tool-path as described by the G-code
- Tests the G-code for machine/tool/part collisions
- Allows users to compare the design part against a G-code based material removal part simulation
Control Emulator Benefit Highlights
Seamlessly Integrated with CAM-POST
ICAM CE is fully integrated with CAM-POST, ICAM’s leading edge NC post-processor development software; therefore, users may employ advanced features inherent to CAM-POST such as Macro Tracing, Call Stack Status, Input and Output Stepping and NC Variable Watching and Modification.
Efficient Post-Processor and Control Emulator Development
As a quick start, CE may be created from existing post-processors generated by CAM-POST and subsequently, all post-processor data modifications will be reflected automatically in the CE.
Shortened Learning Time for CAM-POST Users
CE utilizes the same macro language as CAM-POST for advanced customization features. All defined CODE and DATA registers are shown in two intuitive tables; therefore, configuration changes are easily executed to fit specific requirements.
Supports Advanced Controller Specific Syntax
When dealing with advanced controller programming such as variable definition, expression evaluation, branching and looping, the CE interacts with two plugin libraries that recognize special SIEMENS 840D, FANUC Macro B and HEIDENHAIN (ISO/Conversational) controller features. Users also have the option to develop custom plugin DLL modules to drive the CE to meet specific functions.
Any NC command blocks can be manually typed or imported as a text file at “Run-Time” using the CE manual data entry (MDI) input console. This feature enables users to test multiple solutions without the need to change the input G-code file and restart the entire process. Users can also edit and save G-code directly.
Integrated inside CATIA
CATIA users may graphically simulate and test NC programs for collisions and over-travel before the G-code is implemented in the production environment. This unique “single workbench” capability allows programmers to avoid and correct programming errors that may have resulted in costly machine tool collisions and defective parts.
In addition, CE accommodates an “in-process” or “on-demand” CATIA/CE simulation environment vs. the existing multiple process loop currently offered by independent competitive
solutions. Benefits include improvements to NC programmer productivity and manufacturing process efficiency.
Control Emulator Video (30 mb)
Control Emulator ICAM – CATIA Integration Video (40 mb)
Control Emulator Mill / Turn Application Video (21 mb)
Control Emulator- Video (36 mb)
Control Emulator cannot be sold separately. Control Emulator requires either Virtual Machine or CATIA; therefore, it requires a 64-bit operating system, minimum 8Gb RAM and any OpenGL compatible graphics card. Minimum OS requirement is Windows XP or more recent.
Control Emulator Feature Highlights
Fully Integrated with CAM-POST
- Stored in same database as CAM-POST post-processors and Virtual Machine models
- Created using QUEST
- Executed and debugged using CeRUN
- Seamlessly integrated with Virtual Machine
CE Run-Time (CeRUN)
- Full debugger UI
- Pre-processors to support advanced G-code variables, looping and expressions
- Supports advanced SIEMENS 840D, FANUC Macro B & HEIDENHAIN (ISO/Conversational) programming syntax
- CE can be built separately, or based on existing post-processors
- Standard post-processor questionnaire defines base capabilities
- CE customization supports non-standard requirements
- Uses CAM-POST’s macro language for customization
- Built-in support for DELMIA models
Supports Advanced NC Programming Functions
- RTCP and LCS Support
- Linear/circular/helical interpolation
- Drilling cycles
- Tool change and tool pre-select
- Length, diameter, fixture compensation
- Spindle, coolant and feed
- Tool plane (e.g., G17/18/19)
- Program units (e.g., G20/21)
- Absolute vs. relative positioning (e.g., G90/91)
- Program dwell (e.g., G04)
- Skip code (e.g., G31)