We compiled some of the most common problems that our clients have before switching to an ICAM solution to let you know if you have a bad post-processor.
1. You need to manually adjust TOOL compensation values.
TOOL compensation management is included with all ICAM posts.
2. You need to manually add or adjust COOLANT/PRESSURE M codes to your G code.
Generic posts don’t support specific COOLANT/PRESSURE M codes, that’s why ICAM posts include support for all types of COOLANT/PRESSURE M codes as well as the unlimited ability to define custom COOLANT/PRESSURE M codes.
3. Your G code is missing TOOL LIST data (TOOL name, dimensions, type…).
All ICAM posts include full TOOL LIST information and implicit TOOL/OPERATION names that are easy to find and even easier to use.
4. Your Head/Table 5-axis mill is leaving dwell marks on your workpiece.
ICAM posts include automatic avoidance of dwell and singularity conditions.
5. Your Head/Head 5-axis mill tilts the workpiece to the back of the machine; obstructing your view.
With the click of a button, all ICAM posts include the ability to define a ‘preferred angle’ that is customized to your machine, ensuring the workpiece always stays within view of the operator.