Do you know how to edit your home positioning?
The post processor is able to program a return home statement whenever the user requires. The GOHOME command can be coded into different parts of the post processor or have Quest automatically go home when certain conditions are met such as during a tool change.
Here’s how to change your home positioning and adding it to your post processor:
- Start by opening your post processor in Quest;
- In the navigation panel, go to Machine Description > Home position and Reference Point;
- Question 1.00 let’s you choose whether you have a fixed, referenced, or no home position. Generally, Reference is selected and requires a typical G28, the code can be changed in Question 3.00. The position box can be left untouched as it will be adjusted by the controller.
- To make use of the home position, a function in Quest lets you send your tool home every time there’s a tool change. However, if you want to have more control, it is recommended to call it inside different macros.
- For simply having home before a tool change, here are the settings to change:
- Inside a macro, you can call a return home statement by using the following word callout: