Our Hands-on Training Approach
To address the needs of our varied client base, we’ve developed a unique training approach focused on “learning by performing”. Through exercises, simulations, feedback and group discussions, we can guarantee practical, relevant, interactive and enjoyable course content. Most importantly, participants can immediately apply their newly acquired NC post-processing skills upon returning to their job duties.
Experienced ICAM Instructors conduct all training courses with a limited number of 4 to 6 students per classroom. Each participant is given a complete set of training manuals for current and future reference. Training is offered at the ICAM Head Office in Montreal, Quebec or in our Tunisia support office.
Custom Developed Training
ICAM instructors work closely with each individual to identify their unique needs and objectives to develop a program that simulates real work related situations with “hands-on” training that is uniquely tailored to specific NC post-processing issues, concerns and work environment. In addition, on-site training courses can be scheduled at client corporate headquarters or manufacturing facility. Contact ICAM sales and service department for more information.
Day 1: Introduction
- Introduction to CAM-POST and basic post-processor configuration
- Executing a post-processor
- CAM-POST database management
- Configuring a post-processor
- Setting the post for a specific machine
- Setting the post for a specific control
Day 2: Macro Development
- Setting the post for a specific control (continued)
- Configuring other machine options
- Post-processor development tools
- Introduction to post-processor customization
- The ICAM macro language: Fundamentals
Day 3: Exercises, Installation & Setup
- The ICAM macro language: Macro flow control
- The ICAM macro language: Output string formatting
- Startup / Shutdown macros $P arguments
- User-Defined Syntax macros
- PPFUN commands
Day 4: Your Post-Processor
- Module 17: File Input / Output specifications and the Dialog Editor
- Module 18: Lookahead techniques
- Post-processor Workshop
Day 1: Advanced Macro Programming
- Review of the Macro Language
- Rapid Macro Development Tool
- String Manipulation & PPFUN
- Look-Ahead techniques
- Startup & Shutdown Macros
- User-defined macros
Day 2: Advanced Macro Programming
- File I/O & TAPERID & TAPEWT
- Tape Macro & Editor
- System variables & function
- Sub programs & advanced debugger
Day 3: Advanced Macro Configurations
- Mill-turn machines
- Multi-channel machines
- Head Attachments
- High Speed Machining
- Flame, punch, cutter and laser machines
- Composite post-processors
- Wire EDM post-processors
- Probing Integration
Day 1: CE/VM/MRS Runtime
- Introduction to structure & modules
- Simulation requirements
- Virtual Machine Interface
- Adding part, stock, fixtures, tools and holders
- Setting compensation, collision detection
Day 2: CE/VM/MRS Runtime
- ICAM Manufacturing Extractors
- Config.xml setup
- Setup your CE/VM windows
- CErun verification in part space
- CErun complete machine simulation
- MDI commands, error analysis & measurement tools
- Save machined stock
Day 3: Creating a Virtual Machine Model
- Create or import geometries
- Kinematics & attachment points
- Axis mapping between CE & VM
- VM Macros for tool change specific location
- Complementary devices, pallet changes, part load
- Custom VM machine models
Day 4: Creating a Control Emulator
- Control Emulator Structure
- CE from existing post-processors
- Code & data customization
- Macro language review
- Macro language features unique to CE
- Compilation, testing & debugging
- Code, data, startup/shutdown & event macros
Day 5: Your Custom Control Emulator
- Develop a custom Control Emulator for your NC Machine
- Link your Virtual Machine model to your Control Emulator
- Testing & debugging tools during CE/VM machine simulation development
- SmartPATH/SmartCUT part of the complete Adaptive ICAM Solution
- View of the complete concept of programming for the PART
- Review of using the ICAM Manufacturing Extractor
- Review the key elements of the ICAM Virtual Machine user interface
- SmartPATH – General concept
- SmartCUT – General concept
- How SmartPATH and SmartCUT interact
- Best practices from Post-processing, Virtual Machine, SmartPATH-SmartCUT
- Key SmartPATH variables – how to manage them
- Key SmartCUT variables – how to manage them
- Manage Simulation tolerances between Post with VM and CE with VM versus PPVMCE
- Steps to use Post – Virtual Machine – Optimization depending on manufacturing contexts
On-Site Consulting Services
On-site mentoring services provide users access to a vast NC manufacturing knowledge-base that can be directly applied to individual manufacturing environments. Implementing solutions to meet the most difficult NC manufacturing issues is what ICAM does best.
ICAM’s consultants will perform on-site evaluations of specific NC post-processors developed using CAM-POST. They will also perform detailed analyses focusing on the integration of specific CAD / CAM output files with each respective CNC machine tool. Subsequently, a report will be generated recommending specific modifications to improve existing post-processors.
Furthermore, ICAM’s experts will review any additional NC post-processing features and / or special manufacturing productivity options that may improve overall production.
Registration is conducted on a first-come, first served basis. Since the courses have a maximum enrollment and often fill up quickly, early registration is highly recommended.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided during the course of the day; however, travel and living expenses are the responsibility of each attendee.
For on-site training courses, prices include up to 5 participants. Additional costs are applicable to participants over-and-above 5, with a maximum of 10 participants. Instructor’s travel and living expenses are not included.
Payment must be received in full before the training date.
- Purchase orders for training are non-cancellable and require full payment, should the customer issue a stop-work notice for any service ordered.
- ICAM reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class 10 days prior to the commencement of the scheduled course date. Any payment made for a canceled course will be refunded in full or applied to another course.
- ICAM recommends all airline reservations be refundable and is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets, accommodation expenses or any fees related to the cancellation of an ICAM training class.
- Different conditions may apply for training promotions.