When GENER is processing the input data, you can use Step mode (F7) to step through the processing. This mode is chosen using the tool bar button or using ‘Run>>Step’.
Similar to this, there is a Step Details mode that can be accessed through the below tool bar button or through Run>>Details.
- You can click the left mouse button in Output window to control the stepping of output so that it is one register at a time
- It helps the user understand the register output order for the post-processor
- When this option is deactivated, a whole new block of NC output code is output for each mouse-click (step) in the Output window
- When this option is activated, a single register data is output for each mouse-click (step) in the Output window
Benefit to user
- Allows the user a better understanding of output of registers if the post-processor is in testing or debugging stages
- Leads to user creating better macros because of this
For more information or comments, please do not hesitate to contact Phil at TechTipTuesday@icam.com